the CEO and the VP of mike’s company (Edge) recently made a proposal to me. the proposal goes like this. incorporated some of my own plans as well. do tell me what you guys think.
- in starbucks, seattle’s and other airborne access hotspots, they sell these airborne access cards for P100, which enable one to surf the net through their wifi network for an hour.
- there are a lot of law students (plus their family, friends and other networks) + other UP people who go to these places to either study and/or work
- wi-fi in UP law is limited to the first floor of the lib. it’s serviced by dilnet and is at times mabagal and paputol-putol.
- LSG is in search of a ground-breaking fund-raising project
2. big idea:
- Edge will sell an e-pin (with username & password) for unlimited use of airborne access for P300/mo (renewable monthly) – valueproposition di ba? P300/mo na lang instead of P100/hour
3. how it works:
- a customer will pay thru an LSG bank account. he needs to give the deposit slip (thru fax or email of scanned copy) or the deposit slip # (thru text)
- confirmation message from the hotline number. communicate to Edge so Edge could give e-pin info to customer.
- customer (if satisfied with services) renews monthly (same cycle continues)
- meanwhile: LSG gives names of paid customers to Edge & remits payment.
- for every e-pin, LSG stands to earn a certain percentage (secret muna how much)
- minimum of 300 e-pins, they’ll install wi-fi in the college for free (magiging hotspot din ang UP law)
4. key benefits:
- cheaper, more accessible net access for those with laptops (but no we-roam devices)
- free wi-fi installation for UP law!
- profits for LSG
5. next steps:
- already met with abet
- proposal to college admin (re: wifi installation)
- market survey
- team – strong accounting team essential for proper inventory, A/R, A/P accounting system + customer database
- bank account for this project
- hotline number for this project
- tech person in UP law to coordinate with Edge tech people (headed by my fiancee)
- recruit team to execute! (c/o abet)
6. target market:
- UP law students
- UP law alumni
- UP students
- friends & family nila (the aforementioned)
- kahit sinong may laptop with wifi access