Notes from today’s message in NLTF:
God uses His power for our benefit and advantage. He is mindful, His thoughts are consumed about you. He is faithful. Because He is faithful, He can be trusted.
Do It Again, I Know Who You Are
Fresh, continual hearing, day after day
Deuteronomy 1:8 – God brought them to the edge of the land He promised. Go in and take possession of it.
– Because you have God’s word. You can take possession of it because you believe God’s worth.
– you may not have known what you needed or wanted, but God does
– speak something to someone that you want to hear, because you’re speaking in agreement with what God has spoken
– God swore by Himself, though He did not need to do so, but He did for our benefit.
Numbers 23:19 – God is not a man that He should lie. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?
– God can never lie. When He speaks, He will perform. He is ready to perform His word.
– If you have Jesus, you have the promised One, you have everything. All of God’s promises are yes and amen in Him
Psalm 89:34 (NLT) – No, I will not break my covenant. I will not take back a single word I said.
– God is patiently waiting for us to be ready. But He doesn’t want what He will give to destroy us.
– People get disappointed and frustrated because they expect God to perform His promise in the way they expect or want. But God’s way is higher tham what we have expected or imagined.
Psalm 33:4 (NLT) – The word of the Lord hilds true. We can trust everything He does. He loves whatever is just and good.
– How far are you willing to take your faith to believe God’s promises? To stand on His word.
– All of us can believe. The word became so real on the inside of Him. God waited until he was so in love with Jesus, before it can manifest.
– God is faithful, He can be trusted. Just wait. But in the waiting, be excited. You are closer than you were before.
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT) – Great is His faithfulness. The Lord ia my inheritance. Therefore, I will hope in Him!
– There may be a limit as to what we can see, but no limit to who He is. When we say great is His faithfulness, there’s more and more of it. There are fresh mercies and graces that God releases on a daily basis. Mercies and graces are getting what we don’t deserve, but because God is faithful towards us. He already knows He is faithful, but He wants us to know.
Psalm 136 – His faithful love endures forever.
It’s God job to make His promise come to pass. But it’s our job to believe Him for the promise to come to pass, because He is faithful.
2 Chron 20:20-22
– Believe in the Lord your God and you will be able to stand firm. As they sang: give thanks to the Lord, His faithful love endures forever
– God took care of their problem, as they forgot about their problem and focused on the Lord. Because the battle is the Lord’s. Our part is to stand and keep our eyes on Him.
– God didn’t just protect them, He provided for them and caused them to walk in things they did not expect. (3 days for collecting the spoils)
– Trust that He is good. Trust Him. Be confident in Him, not in our own strength and ability. God is the one who is awesome.
Psalm 37:3 Trust (lean on, rely on and be confident) in the Lord and do good. So shall you dwell in the land anf feed surely on His faithfulness and truly you shall be fed (Amp)
– Lord is a covenant relationship
– God brought them into a place where they will remember that God brought them to that place.= feeding on His faithfulness. It comes from trusting and feeding in Him
– Trust = relax, rest. Take your time to eat. No limit to what you can feed on. No pressure. The only way we can enjoy it is if we’re at rest.
Psalm 34:8-10 – Taste and see that the Lord is good. Fear the Lord, you His godly people, for thise who fear Him will have all they need. Thise who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.
– Fear = reverential worship
– Want the Promiser, not just the promises, and you will have the promises. But even at the end of the day you don’t get what you want, you have Jesus. And He is more than enough.
Colossians 1:4 (AmP) – FAITH IN JESUS = Leaning if your entire human personality on Him in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom and
– full weight on the chair. The chair is temporary, but God is more permanent on the chair!
– squatting an inch away from the chair: when you do it on your own effort = discouragement begins to come, because you are relying on your own ability to fulfill God’s promise
Philippians 1:6 He who began a good work in you will bring it to full completion in you (Amp)
– every step of the way
– when we are faithless, He remains faithful to us as a church and to us personally.
– we are in a body with other believers, we can trust in Him
Hebrews 11:11 (The Passion Translation) Sarah’s faith embraced the miracle working power to conceive even though she was barren and was past the age if childbearing, for the authority of her faith rested in the One who made the promises.
– Abraham and Sarah waited for 25 years for the fulfillment of the promise
Hebrews 12:3 (Msg) When we find ourselves flagging in our faith, go over that story again
– adrenaline meant to push you forward so you can keep on going
– look to Jesus. He is the evidence that God the Father can be trusted completely with your life
2 Timothy 1:12 (NLT) I am not ashamed because I know Him and I have put my trust in Him
– when you know Him, you can believe Him, even though the world tells you it’s impossible
– don’t tell me it’s impossible, because I know my God. He will protect and fulfill what He has spoken until He returns for His glorious church
– glorious church – trusts in Him completely, rests on Christ’s finished work.