The other day, I received this
I replied thusly
I asked the Lord to search my heart and asked for prayers, as well.
At first, the Jezebel “accusation” caused panic, fear and confusion in me. I began to be more sensitive to voices that were quick to point out faults in other people, even tempting me to say something about the matter. I heard voices prompting sabotage of plans…I no longer listened to what the plans actually were.
For a day, it caused paranoia, triggering thoughts such “they’re thinking this about you…they’re thinking you actually have it”. It made me doubt myself and my motives, even as I responded to PMs, group chats and posted on social media, especially when what I’d write was related to a women’s ministry that I’m currently involved with.
Everytime the whispers came, I’d tell on them to the Lord, “Lord, I’m hearing that again. Lord, help. Lord, I want to be used and work for Your purposes alone.” (Is there an English word for sumbong?). It was so difficult to concentrate at work.
As I prayed in the office yesterday, the Lord downloaded a few bullet points that helped combat the accusations and silence the voices. (As I type, write now, the Holy Spirit seems to be amplifying the points. I believe He is also answering my prayer this morning. Thank You, Lord!):
1. If a ministry (or pursuit) consumes your thoughts and is quickly becoming the source of your worth, it is quickly becoming an idol.
2. Detach your heart from the ministry (or anything) if it gets to a point that it consumes your thoughts and becomes your source of worth. Hold it loosely. I should consume your mind. Refocus on Me. Lay it down before Me.
3. Remember where your worth comes from…it comes from Me. You are extremely precious in My eyes. You are My pearl of great price. You were the joy set before me, why I endured scorn and shame on the Cross. I am in You and our Heavenly Father sees Me in you.
Lay down your “right” to be appreciated or regarded well at the foot of the Cross.
As you ascribe worth to Me, I will remind you of your worth in Me. Worship, worship. Go deeper in worship.
5. Before engaging in anything, ask yourself why you are (or will be) doing it. Ask Me to purify your thoughts, your motives. I cleanse them with My blood. I wash them with My Word.
6. Remember your identity in Me. I am the One who declares who you are. I formed you, I know you full well. Declare it, declare who you are in Me. Declare your allegiance to Me.
No one can snatch you out of the palm of My hand. No one can separate you from the love of the Father in Me.
7. Your marching orders, your direction comes from Me alone. Pay no attention to the other voices. They may be in the background, in the periphery, but stop listening to them. You are My sheep, and you know My voice. I am training you to discern My voice better apart from the rest.
After receiving those points, I declared and affirmed out loud who I am in Christ and declared that my allegiance belongs to Him alone. I began to worship and sing of how His goodness, His faithfulness, His mercy lasts forever and continued to be in a posture of worship in my heart until sleep came. I felt His light flood my heart and my being. Praise Jesus!
I believe God just downloaded a strategy to combat Jezebel accusations, witchcraft and/or promptings from the enemy.
One thing that has been emphasized to me in the midst of all this: no one who is being used by the Lord is exempt. Hence the importance of refocusing our gaze on Jesus, affirming Him as THE vision, co-laboring with Him as he guards our hearts and straining to hear His voice amidst the noise. It is a moment by moment thing.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. – I Peter 5:8-11 NKJV