But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. – Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV
- Come as you are, leave as He is.
- 7-in-1 – simplifies things.
- Religion has a way of complicating things. It is not through religion that you get relationship with God. It is by looking and believing in Jesus. He displayed all that the Father is, and how to have a relationship with the Father.
As each of you has received a gift (a particular spiritual talent, a gracious divine endowment), employ it for one another as [befits] good trustees of God’s many-sided grace [faithful stewards of the extremely diverse powers and gifts granted to Christians by unmerited favor]. – 1 Peter 4:10 AMPC
- If you are in Christ, you HAVE received. It is already inside of you.
- Many-sided grace. It is not just in 1 area. It’s all good. God is good all the while.
[The purpose is] that through the church the complicated, many-sided wisdom of God in all its infinite variety and innumerable aspects might now be made known to the angelic rulers and authorities (principalities and powers) in the heavenly sphere. – Ephesians 3:10 AMPC
- Complicated- we cannot quite grasp it with our own understanding. We need His grace. Like Math, at first it was complicated. But the more you grew, the more you understood it. When He reveals it to us and we step into it, it becomes simple. Christ simplifies the complicated.
- Jesus is just saying: look to Me, focus on Me. He is the ultimate all in one. The Holy Spirit is like that.
- God wants things simplified in Christ Jesus.
- Do not go back to works (like the foolish Galatians). The law is but a tutor. It is all about unmerited favor.
- We bear the fruit of the Spirit, as we walk in the Spirit.
For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace. – Galatians 5:4 NLT
- It goes back to man’s effort: making yourself right with God by keeping the law
- Fallen from grace is simply relying on your own works or own effort so you can say, “I’ve done this or that”
Lord, what must I do to enter the Kingdom of God? Jesus enumerated things re: the law. The rich young ruler followed the law to the letter.
- But when you follow the law, there is always something that you’ll lack. Everyone has fallen short.
- The law is designed to frustrate you. It is only by His grace.
But when you are brought into the full freedom of the Spirit of Grace, you will no longer be living under the dominion of the law, but soaring above it! And what are the cravigs of the self-life: I’m referring to…hatred of those who get in your way, senseless arguments, chasing after things instead of God, temper tantrums, being in love with your own opinions, being envious… – Galatians 5:18-19 The Passion Translation
- On the cross, Jesus cried out: it is finished, it is done.
- If you rely on this, eventually it will lead you to those, but you’ve already been set free.
- We no longer have to fight for it, it is done. There’s a new nature that came alive.
- No longer under the dominion or control of the law
- A tree will never eat its fruit. The idea of the fruit is for others to enjoy. The tree has fruit that has seed in it. Whatever is needed for the tree to perpetuate is already there in the fruit.
- The seed is kinda bitter. The fruit is always far more beautiful than the seed. The beauty of the fruit is hidden in the seed.
- The fruit looked attractive. That’s why Adam and Eve hung around it.
- A lot of people are caught up with power. God does not withhold the power. He wants us to want it. The gift of the Spirit displays the doings of God.
- But we are not just to have the power. The fruit of the Spirit displays your being.
- For the dove to soar, you need both the gift and the fruit.
- The Israelites witnessed the mighty power of God, but it did not change them.
- God is not going to ask you, “what did you do on earth?” We are made in the image and likeness of God? Are you being in the likeness of God, both in character and demonstration?
- You can demonstrate power once in a while, but you will always have essence 24/7.
- If you’re going to chase after things of God, ask for the fruit. When you ask for the power, why would He deny you that?
- Moses was disqualified from entering the physical promised land. He wasn’t as patient or long-suffering. He hit the rock, water came out…because God wants to minister to people.
Pursue the fruit, desire the gifts.
The fruit is not something that God will put in you later on. You already have these. Pastor is just speaking it out so we can operate out of it. The fruit is just physical evidence of am inward reality.
Maybe we have experienced the power of God, but it is really the fruit of the Spirit that attracts us to Jesus. It is not just the power.
As we display that fruit, we are also inviting people.
When we squeeze the fruit, when pressure and stress squeezes you, what comes out? What comes out when someone takes a bite at you?
You are the salt of the earth, you release God things.
The seed is the person of Jesus Christ. Inside the fruit of the Spirit is the seed, Jesus Christ.
Since we have chosen to walk in the spirit, let’s keep in step with God’s harmony. – Galatians 5:25 (The Voice)
- The gift is just received; fruit needs to be grown. It takes time and process.
- If we are the tree, it takes progress.
- It requires planting in good ground. The seed needs to rest in the ground. Because it’s at rest, the fruit will be evident.
- We’re not here to compare. We’re here to complement and celebrate the fruitfulness of people.
If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.] – Galatians 5:25 AMPC
- Rhythm, cadence. One step at a time. Bearing fruit, more fruit, much fruit.
- And people will see that you’re bearing much fruit.
- According to your grace. Help is to rest in You.